Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yummy Jalapeno

Zoom Lens has added a photo to the pool:

Yummy Jalapeno

I have been eating hot peppers since I was a teenager.

As anyone who is a long-time pepper eater can testify peppers are delightfully unpredictable. My first batch of Jalapenos this year were barely hotter than a bell pepper (at least to my taste – my old lady tells everyone never to ask me if I think anything’s hot because I’ll say no, or not very, and they’ll try it and nearly choke). The second batch from the exact same bush is so fiery they make me cry. Excellent! :)

And then there’s the unpredictability of the individual pepper itself. I picked this one in the photo to eat with my Jamaican patties for my dinner last night.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_patty

It was a good sized Jalapeno, about 3-4 inches long and over an inch wide.

The first few bites were definitely hot, but not blistering. The next bite I took started my nose running...whew! The next two bites after that were both akin to eating a sweet bell pepper! And then from there to the stem the rest of the bites were pure hell and agony. My tongue felt like it was getting branded, my eyes teared up, my nose ran freely, and my lips and the skin around my mouth burned for over half an hour after I finished eating the pepper!

What delight! I can’t wait to eat the rest!

.

My photographs and videos and any derivative works are my private property and are copyright © by me, John Russell (aka “Zoom Lens”) and ALL my rights, including my exclusive rights, are reserved. ANY use without my permission in writing is forbidden by law.



No comments:

Post a Comment