Lynne's Lens has added a photo to the pool:
The is the old Le'Ora's Beautye Salon building in NE OKC that I have photographed and written about before:
www.flickr.com/photos/25726169@N03/3231811596/
Unfortunately, the old neon sign is gone now, and the building itself looks like it's in pretty bad shape. I don't know if they are slowly demolishing it or if they are trying to restore this old gem of a building, but it looks like they took off the siding and found this treasure underneath. I'm going to try to find out if there are any plans to preserve this great find and will let you know.
I'm not sure, but I think that this might be the original carton design from the time they were first introduced in 1923. The cartons didn't stay yellow for long and were soon changed to the red you see to this day. So, that might date this ghost to the 20's....
No comments:
Post a Comment