Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Perfect Wave

paulwynn-mackenzie.com has added a photo to the pool:

The Perfect Wave

View on Black

So this is my last shot from Wembury from earlier in the week, so sorry that I uploaded 3 from the same location but I liked all of them and especially this one. I think I need to get better at choosing 1 or max 2 from anyone location at anyone time.

This one was without doubt my favorite shot, I think the fact that I zoomed in a bit more has helped here nicely and the Mew stone is much larger and clearer. I was also pleased to caputure the sun clearly in the distance to. But for me it was the foreground that I was delighted with. The wave that crashed over the rock was just perfect, although I didn't fully notice this till I was home.

Also in the end I removed a couple of surfers that were visible in the far distance as in the end I felt they were a distraction to the rest of the photo, so there were plenty of people surfing, I just took them out.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this shot, and I'm just starting to go through my next load of shots from Portland Bill and Swanage which I look forward to sharing soon :)

Technical Details:
Shutter Speed: 0.4 seconds
Aperture: F13
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18mm
Filters: Hitech 0.9 Hard Graduated Filter
Processed in Lightroom 4 Beta

www.paulwynn-mackenzie.com



No comments:

Post a Comment