Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Film vs Digital

Terry Schmidbauer has added a photo to the pool:

Film vs Digital

I’ve been reading Bruce Barnbaum’s book “The Art of Photography” and one thing that caught my attention about his view of the digital shooter is, for the most part, they shoot and then they look. In his view, the contrary is true with a film shooter. When I start to analyze his theory as it pertains to me, he’s probably right, sometimes I do a little spray and pray. So to get back that act of looking and feeling more deeply about my captures, I decided to only use a 1 gig card for all of my photo walks. This gives me 38 shots which are really close to a roll of 35mm film. I’ve done it the last couple of days and I can already see the difference, pardon the pun.

This shot is actually a self-portrait, see if you find can me.



No comments:

Post a Comment